My Background and Why I Coach: I have a life long interest in brain science. For 25 years, I coached brain injured clients toward cognitive recovery with an emphasis toward optimal functioning in the community. In 2009, I started a coaching practice in order to serve any client who wishes to uncover personal potential through increased awareness of how the brain works, development of leadership and emotional intelligence, and knowledge of psychological type preferences.I also have the privilege of partnering with Dr. Jane Kise on Intentional Leadership Training.
Would you like to know what is unique about your personality and your approach to relationships, communication and problem solving? I combine decades of work in the area of brain injury with newly discovered concepts about how anyone can benefit from understanding the mind to clarify goals, increase motivation, and follow-through on personal objectives.
I hold a B.A. in Psychology, Speech and Hearing Sciences (1983) and a M.S. in Speech and Language Pathology (1986), both from the University of Michigan. I received Life Coach training from the Coaches Training Institute in 2008. I am also an MBTI Master Practitioner and currently one of less than 100 MBTI practitioners worldwide certified to administer the newly released MBTI Step III. I am a certified member of the International Coaching Federation, The Association for Psychological Type International where I formerly served on the Board as the Director of Interest Area Consultants, and now lead the Type and Coaching interest area, as well as the American Speech and Hearing Association, and The Learning and Brain Society. I regularly attend and/or present at seminars and workshops to stay current with the latest developments in the field of brain science and psychological type.
My unique contribution to coaching is that I combine decades of work in the area of brain injury rehabilitation with newly discovered concepts about how anyone can benefit from knowing how the brain works, personality type, emotional intelligence and positive psychology. Please visit my Blog and Ask Ann pages where I write about topics pertinent to brain science, the MBTI, and coaching. My Mind Matters blog is featured monthly at the ICF Minnesota website. I also report on seminars that I have attended and books that I find especially useful to coaching. I share what I have learned at speaking engagements too!
My Personality Type and Mindset :
- MBTI/Psychological Type as described by TypeCoach: ENFP-Energetic, Visionary, Imaginative, Spontaneous, Gregarious, Insightful, Casual, Idealistic, Sensitive, Collaborative
- Strengths Finders Themes: Ideation, Positivity, Strategic, Learner, Input
- VIA Character Strengths : Creativity, Humor, Love of Learning, Curiosity, Hope
- Hardest thing for me to see: giving up
- I love the Michigan Wolverines, the Detroit Tigers, and the Detroit Red Wings.
- I enjoy books. I have quite a library of resources on coaching, the brain, the winning mindset, and social media.
- I also like biographies, Russian literature, and anything about the Russian Tsars.
- My 3 smooth fox terriers have been more trouble to raise than my 3 grown children
- Walking, biking, Pilates, yoga, and swimming are how I keep myself moving along
- I never mail anything unless the mailbox is blue