How did a brain geek end up in executive coaching? My first career, spanning 25 years, helped brain-injured clients recover from strokes, brain trauma, and degenerative disorders. I learned how the brain works by time in the “neurology trenches” creating unique strategies to bypass what wasn’t working . We now call this phenomenon neuroplasticity.
Meanwhile, I noticed these brain principles had widespread applicability beyond neurorehabilitation. Everyone can maximize his or her brain potential. In 2009, I decided to make a career switch and learn the art and science of coaching to serve anyone who wants to uncover potential. In my quest to serve my clients and due to more than a little curiosity, I added expertise in personality, emotional intelligence, and organizational development.
If you understand your baseline strengths, account for your blind spots, and formulate strategies, you are well on your way to a better you. This is true for teams also.
- B.A. in Psychology, Speech and Hearing Sciences (University of Michigan)
- M.S. in Speech and Language Pathology (University of Michigan)
- Life Coach training (Coaches Training Institute)
- Certificate in Organizational Development (University of Minnesota)
- MBTI Master Practitioner
- Currently the top MBTI practitioner worldwide certified to administer the MBTI Step III (According to CAPT.org
- Certified member of the International Coaching Federation (ICF) and The Association for Psychological Type International
- Served on the Board as the Director of Interest Area Consultants
- Member of the American Speech and Hearing Association (retired as of 2015)
- Member of the Learning and Brain Society
- Member of the ICF’s Midwest Conference Program Committee, 2013-2015
My Personality Type and Mindset:
- MBTI/Psychological Type: ENFP
- Energetic, Visionary, Imaginative, Spontaneous, Gregarious, Insightful, Casual, Idealistic, Sensitive, Collaborative
- Strengths Finder Themes: Ideation, Positivity, Strategic, Learner, Input
- VIA Character Strengths: Creativity, Humor, Love of Learning, Curiosity, Hope
- Hardest thing for me to see: Giving up
- I love the Michigan Wolverines, the Detroit Tigers, and the Detroit Red Wings
- For fun I like to read biographies, Russian literature, and anything about the Russian Tsars
- My smooth fox terriers have been more trouble to raise than my 3 grown children but I love them!
- Walking, biking, Pilates, yoga, and swimming are how I keep myself moving along
- I never mail anything unless the mailbox is blue
What I can do for you:
I combine decades of work in the area of brain injury rehabilitation with newly discovered concepts in brain and personality science to clarify goals, increase motivation, and follow-through on personal objectives. I work with clients locally in Minnesota, around the United States, and throughout the world, crafting one-on-one sessions, or customizing workshops, webinars and seminars for whole organizations. I conduct these in person, over the phone, by email, or via Skype/other internet platform.
Overview of Services
- Individual Sessions
- Organizational Development & Group Coaching
- Intentional Leadership Certification (with Dr. Jane Kise)
I invite you to learn more about what I do or if you are ready, to contact me to set up your complimentary initial consult.